Wednesday 27 May 2020

2B LINKING WORDS PRACTICE- CONTRAST

Hi dear 2B students!

How are you today?  This is second-to-last exercise before the marking period is over. There will be an extra homework tomorrow just to make the assignments even with the other senior group 2A.  We are almost there!
I would like to review the following connectors/prepositions  of contrast ALTHOUGH, THOUGH, EVEN THOUGH, DESPITE AND IN SPITE OF. Please pay attention to the video explanation ( it's a 9.04 min.  length video), pause it as many times as you need to write down an example, to take notes...watch it as you will. Make sure you do not get interrupted and you can really focus on the explanation.
TODAY'S ASSIGNMENT.
Well, you do not have to do anything too stressful today. I would like you to write sentences as a comment of this post. Use a different connector each time. Make sure you pay attention to punctuation and sentence typology. Do your best.

Try to make the sentences true for you, use a variety of topics so that you can practice your vocab.
Do not hesitate to ask me any questions.
Have a nice Tuesday! I hope you find the exercise useful.

10 comments:

  1. Though he hadn’t studied, he passed the exam.
    We hanged out last night although it was raining.
    Even though I planned ahead our trip, we had finally to delay it.
    Despite working out every day, Mike didn’t slim.
    In spite of the brilliant acting, the film was mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Even though the weather was sunny, it rained.

    -Although I didn't have enough money, I bought Diana's gift.

    -Though Hannah was angry with me, she helped me with my homework.

    -Despite I earned a lot of money, I still couldn't pay doing a drive car test.

    -In spite of having studied for the test, Noah failed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felix Delgado Magro 2B

    Im going to do exercise today in spite of my hurt knee

    Although being a man, a lot of people think that im a woman

    Despite seeing the film "hachiko", I didn't cry yesterday

    I talked with him though everything of him sucks

    Even though the time, the the phone rang.








    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, nobody is listening now although this is very important.
    I love you even though i´ll never tell you.
    I think that have achieved something despite the difficulties.
    The children went to school in spite of the rain.
    However, the house went through a number of owners.
    Even through i like it it´s a difficult movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although it was sunny, it was raining.

    Although we had everything ready, we finally had to cancel it.

    Despite how beautiful she was, she dressed very poorly.

    Despite studying, I did not pass.

    Even though I'm tired, I'm going to party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meat smells awful, but tastes delicius.
    Despite the cool day, he don’t want to go.
    Even though they where millionaires, they drive old cars.
    Her face is serious but nonetheless very friendly.
    They felt weary after all their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In spite of getting excellent marks, She chose not to continue her studies.
    Although it was cold, Stephania went out in shorts.
    Despite the fact that the company was doing badly, they released more videogames.
    Though Stephania was very tired, she couldn’t sleep last night.
    They stopped to talk to us even though they had a lot of work to finish.

    ReplyDelete

  9. The house is clean, though it smells
    The apartment is lovely and although not spacious lodging for three people.
    She doesn’t even know how to speak English.
    Despite being injured, he won the battle.
    In spite of Marcos's behaviour, I still love him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. - I decided to walk to the supermarker even though it was vwry hot.
    - I eat very fast although I'm never in a hurry.
    - I wouldn’t sell my ps4, though he begged me.
    - Despite all my work, I didn’t finish the work.
    - In spite of my boyfriend’s defects, I love him

    ReplyDelete