Wednesday 25 March 2020

SENIORS LISTENING - VOCABULARY ( GROUPS A AND B)


Hello seniors!

How are you today? We are already in the middle of the week, doesn't time fly? Here are a little listening comprehension and vocabulary exercise for both groups ( A and B). You are going to listen to a radio program "News Review"  ( you are going to watch a video on a radio program). In this show, while talking about physical exercise, they highlight and explain the use of three words/expressions.
Here it is what you have to do:


INSTRUCTIONS:
  • After listening to the radio program, take note of the three keywords they are trying to explain. Make sure you understand their use, the context of the application, possible antonyms, what they should be followed by...You can watch the video as many times as you need. There are no subtitles for it. There is also a phrasal verb used at the end of the video. Write it down too.
  • Use every word ( the four of them) in a different sentence that relates to you, or the moment you are living. Make sure the sentence clarifies the meaning of the keyword you are using.
  • Post a comment on the blog with your four sentences by today. Did you know about them before?



10 comments:

  1. -I used to play mind games when I was little so now I’m sharp.
    -I keep eating all the fries at bay because when I start it’s difficult for me to stop.
    -My stints of playing guitar usually last an hour or so because I get bored easily.
    -This quarantine I’ve taken up doing yoga so I can stay fit and healthy.

    I heard about being sharp before but I didn't know the rest.

    Lola Pedraza

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I don't consider myself a sharp person.
    2. I keep going to sleep late at bay so I'm not tired in morning.
    3. I have a stint to do sport everyday.
    4. I take up doing tennis in my garden.

    I didn't know them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1)Those who have get over their obstacles are, in general, sharp persons.

    2) I keep procrastinating at bay because if I lose my time, after I will get frustrated.

    3) I have a stint to drawing and playing the guitar every day.

    4) I have taken up creating songs by myself two months ago.

    I didn't know them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. - My sister is so sharp with her comments
    - Her friend hugged her to keep cries at bay
    - After I finish the excersice I will take a stint
    - John finished playing football. He usually take it up at 8 pm.

    Jose Riego 2ºA

    ReplyDelete
  6. - My mother is very sharp in yoga.
    - I keep my exercise routine at bay in the afternoos.
    - I have stints of time to do homerwork.
    - I have taken this quarantne to advance work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. -My longest stint in the UK was 2 weeks
    -I'm not really sharp when it comes to play guessing games
    -I try to keep refined sugar at bay because I have a strict diet in wich I forbid myself to eat anything with it.
    -I've taken up having online excercises as a routine

    I've heard about being sharp before, but the rest were totally unknown for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. -I used to go out a lot before that's why i'm ot sharp for the quarantine.
    -I keep drawing at bay every day to have everything done.
    -I have a stint period of time to do homework and sports.
    -I take everything easy and this is no less

    ReplyDelete
  9. -My boyfriend is a very sharp person because he always has the solution.

    -I try to keep my study habits at bay for when I will return to class.

    - I take up doing sport with my family every day.

    -I didn't know any works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a stint to call my boyfriend every day

    ReplyDelete