Wednesday 29 April 2020

2B Participle clauses EXPLANATION AND FURTHER PRACTICE.

Hi 2B seniors!

Remember last week's Participle Clauses? In case you did not go through Friday's exercises take your time to do them first ( see the post on 24th April), before starting today's activity.

According to the different questions I got from the previous practice  I have prepared a brief explanation of one of the points:  👇the use of Present perfect in the Participle Clauses
SEE EXPLANATORY VIDEO

TODAY'S PRACTICE
We have a little practice for today that consist of two exercises. The first one is a domino activity to match the Participle clause and the main clause in order to arrange the different sentences in a story.
The main topic of the story is a burglary, which comes in handy to practice our vocabulary on crime.
Do BOTH exercises. Take your time to check new vocabulary in case you come across unknown words.



BURGLAR'S STORY DOMINO ( arrange the sentences according to meaning and match them with the right stripe. You can cut the stripes out if you prefer)
BURGLAR'S STORY GAP FILLING EXERCISE. ( all tenses + Participle clauses)
ANSWER KEY

Let me know your results and If you have any questions . I hope you find today's exercices and materials useful. Be ready for tomorrow, writing time!

14 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Arantxa. My results are 37/41 but there are 2 gaps which don´t have answer neither in the answer key nor in the domino.

    "(once / work) for a security company, he (know) exactly how these alarms worked" I have filled them with Having worked at once and knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Notice the difference between (at once=enseguida) and (once= una vez, en una ocasión) For example. " Having worked once for a security company, he knew..."
      Thanks for your comment, Marta. Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. I am 27/41 I found it a bit difficult but I did it as I could

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      This is a very good effort, Alejandro. Please let me know if you have any questions.
      best,
      Arantxa

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Iris!
      Good Job!Do you have any questions?

      Delete
  4. Hello arantxa, I got 30/41 at first it cost me, but I have already solved my doubts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lidia!
      You mean "I found it hard , at first..."
      I am happy to know that you leaned how to do it. Let me know if I can be of any help.

      Delete
  5. Hello Arantxa, I got 39/41. I messed a little up with the order of the events of the story but i handle the other exercise better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ana,
      How are you? Yes , it is not that simple. Your results are excellent, though. Congrats!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Well done , Mabel! Do you have any questions?

      Delete