Tuesday 19 May 2020

1A PRONUNCIATION PRACTICE

Hi all!
Today we are going to practice a little bit of pronunciation. Let's do it with a song., shall we? How does it sound?

STEP 1. LISTENING
Listen to "Fireworks" by Katy Perry from this website 👉CLICK HERE.  There is a fill-in-the-gap exercise below the video so , scroll down to do the exercise. Make sure you understand the song. Check unknown words in a dictionary .

STEP 2 LISTENING AND PRONUNCIATION
Use the program Lyrics training to practice the song . You do not have to register or anything ( if the program asks you, just click on "quizás en otro momento". The song "Fireworks" has already been selected in the level "ADVANCED". Fill in the blanks with the missing words at the same time you listen to the lyrics. You can stop the song as many times as you need. 
STEP 3. SINGING, SINGING , SINGING
Just sing the song at home, follow the lyrics, play it again, sing it again, pay attention to pronunciacion, make sure you pronounce "you" correctly , "work" correctly. Sing it one more time. Learn some lines, the chorus, the beginning, by heart ( memorize it)


WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO IN THE BLOG?
Just leave a comment about Lyricstraining as a resource to learn English. 
Was it fun for you? 
Did you learn the song? 
Do you feel like you can pronounce better?
Do not rush practice with this song all day and leave your comment when you really have learned from the song. DEADLINE 23.59 OF TODAY
I hope you enjoy this activity. Have fun!


18 comments:

  1. Hi Arantxa!!
    I'm Mónica Ferreiro.
    I think that is a funny and entertaining way to learn English. I learnt the song and after listening to the song a few time, I think I pronunce better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnt the song, I think it's a good method to learn new words and to improve your pronunciation, I alredy had this app on my movil phone and I use it often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Arantxa! I´m María Ortiz.
    I always thought that learning English would be easier as songs, stories …
    I learned the song, the more I listened to it and sang it, the easier it made me pronounce it.
    It’s been a really fun exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi María,
      Excellent, I am glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Arantxa!! I’m Antonio Sánchez from 1ºA. How are you? I hope you're fine.
    I had fun with this activity and I think that it’s an easy way to speak English correctly.
    I’ve learnt the lyrics easily. I already knew this song and I had sung it before.
    Although I‘ve pronounced well, I think that I can pronounce better.
    See you soon!! Regards❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Arantxa ! I'm María Candón.
    I have listened and practiced the song, I think it is a method to learn English and memorize songs. I found it fun to sing it, since I am not very good at it, but it was good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Arantxa, I´m Gloria.
    Was it fun for you?
    Sing and lear the song
    Did you learn the song?
    I learn new words, and phrases tha motivated me
    Do you feel like you can pronounce better?
    yes, I feel it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maks,
    I am glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Arantxa, I am María Carrasco from 1ºA.
    I found it a very entertaining activity and I think it is an easier way to improve pronunciation and learning new words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Arantxa, I`m Lucía Contreras 1A

    -Yes, it is. Because i love english songs and Katy Perry.
    -Not at all.
    -Usually, when i listen to english music i feel like a english speaking person although i`m not obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Arantxa! I'm Valeria García from 1A
    It is great to be able to learn English or even another language in this way. I listen to many songs in another language and with the lyrics! and I think that I improve the pronunciation. I thought I wouldn't like this Katy Perry's song, but I've been listening to it most of the day.

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cam

    1- I found it interesting but it still costs me a lot
    2- I learned some things that are quite useful for vicabulary
    3- yes, but I have to practice more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Árac Alfonso 1A

    1 I think it was interesting and fun to do, 2 I have learned the song and I really like it, 3 Yes but i try a lot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Arantxa, I'm María del Mar, from 1º A

    I really enjoy this kind of excercises because they are not the traditional oral comprehension activities.
    I always listened and sang this song when I was a child, but I did it with no idea about the lyrics, and now I can do it correctly.
    Now I can pronounce better because I know the words that I'm saying.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete