Wednesday 20 May 2020

2B GRAMMAR REVIEW- PEVAU USE OF ENGLISH SECTION

Hi 2B students!

Welcome to your next-to-last week We are reaching the end of the tunnel, we are almost there! Don't stop now and keep on fighting! Are you ready for some grammar practice?
Here you are some mixed tenses practice, passive voice, reported speech and  relative sentences ( we'll leave conditionals , verbs + prepositions, connectors and question formation II for tomorrow )
GRAMMAR TEST COMING UP:
It's just time to offer you a general grammar content micro-test on Friday May 22nd,  as a general review to prepare for the Use of English Section. Let's start the practice!!

ONLINE SELF-CORRECTING PRACTICE 


ERROR CORRECTION:👌✅
Create a table chart /list with your mistakes ( write down the mistake, and its correction) on your notebook.📓
BLOG POSTING:
Please , post a comment on the blog answering the following questions by today.
  • What mistakes did you commit?
  • What do you think that you got it wrong ( you didn't know how to do it, lack of concentration, got confused with the exercise...)?
  • Which grammar point do you think you need to review the most before the test?
TEXT BOOK REVIEW AND PRACTICE: If you feel you need to review any of the grammar contents above , you can use your book on lessons ( lessons , not pages)
VERBS                                 LESSONS TO 26
PASSIVE VOICE                LESSONS 54 TO 59
RELATIVE CLAUSES       LESSONS 137 TO 143
REPORTED SPEECH        LESSONS 132 TO 136
QUESTIONS                        LESSONS 34 TO 39

I hope you find this practice useful. Have a great Wednesday and  # followtherules

10 comments:

  1. 1) I failed some sentences in the mixed tenses enxercises (and some mistakes in reported speech).
    2) I commited this errors because i always get confused with mixed sentence exercicies. If the exercise is about one type of sentence is okey, but when you ask me to mix it up i get confused. In the reporting speech part is because i get distracted a little.
    3) Knowing where i have to use every kind of sentence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a little correction on your writing *these errors

      Delete
  2. Hi Ana!
    How are you? I'll include more practice about that. The usual "trick" is to pay attention to time expressions. If you want you can make a list of different "time expressions and adverbs" and write the correspondence with the text. You can give me an example of your mistake and I'll be happy to help. Do it by email , if your prefer.
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Most of my mistakes are in the mixed tenses and in the question formation.
    2. I failed because I get confused with the tenses when they are mixed and because of my concentration.
    3. Tenses and questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I failed on mixed tenses exercise.
    2. I think I failed because I hadn´t got enough concentration.
    3. Mixed tenses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I failed on passive sentences and question formation
    2. I reckon that I was tired and I didn't have enough energy
    3. question formation and passive voice

    ReplyDelete
  6. in what I have failed most has been in the passive voice.
    But in general I have to go over everything a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I failed on mixed tenses exercise
    2. I think that I don´t have enough concentration and I am a little saturated.
    3. Questions and passive voice

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wrong in some report speech because I did not know how to translate them and could not find any expression to identify it.

    In the report spech I have been confused in the pronouns when they were interrogative because having no subject, I did not know how to put it.


    In the passive in sentence 9 I have been confused because it was a question in the past and I forgot to remove the did.

    I would need more report speech exercises.

    ReplyDelete