Thursday 21 May 2020

1B LISTENING AND PRONUNCIATION PRACTICE

Hi all!
Today we are going to practice a little bit of pronunciation. Let's do it with a song., shall we? How does it sound?

STEP 1. LISTENING
Listen to "Fireworks" by Katy Perry from this website 👉 click here There is a fill-in-the-gap exercise below the video so , scroll down to do the exercise. Make sure you understand the song. Check unknown words in a dictionary .

STEP 2 LISTENING AND PRONUNCIATION
Use the program Lyrics training to practice the song . You do not have to register or anything ( if the program asks you, just click on "quizás en otro momento". The song "Fireworks" has already been selected in the level "ADVANCED". Fill in the blanks with the missing words at the same time you listen to the lyrics. You can stop the song as many times as you need. 

STEP 3. SINGING, SINGING , SINGING
Just sing the song at home, follow the lyrics, play it again, sing it again, pay attention to pronunciacion, make sure you pronounce "you" correctly , "work" correctly. Sing it one more time. Learn some lines, the chorus, the beginning, by heart ( memorize it)
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO IN THE BLOG?
Just leave a comment about Lyricstraining as a resource to learn English. 
Was it fun for you? 
Did you learn the song? 
Do you feel like you can pronounce better?
Do not rush practice with this song all day and leave your comment when you really have learned from the song. DEADLINE 23.59 OF TODAY
I hope you enjoy this activity. Have fun!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Arantxa! I'm Alejandro Venegas Suárez from 1-B.
    I knew this song since I was 7 years, but I've never knew all the lyrics of it so I think this excersise was so cool. It was very interesting. Hoping you'll do this often, because is fun and you learn a lot.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alejandro!
      I am glad you like it! you can try with a lot more songs with the same resource Lyricstraining.
      Have a nice Thursday!

      Delete
  2. Hi Arantxa, I'm Pablo Torres

    I think that was really funny.
    I usually search for lyrics of songs because is worth it for learn more English. I hope I'll do this more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arantxa I'm Leo form 1B.
    I think you should do more exercises like this cause it's very funny and even more funny when I remember some special moments with this song. I knew the lyrics of this song since I was a child and I love it . Hope you'll do more exercises like this. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi leo!
      I am glad you liked it. Please answer the question about pronunciation in the exercise.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry!!! I forget, I always sing in English, I'm bad at singing, but I try, and...yes I think that when I sing I pronounce better, have a nice day!

      Delete
  4. Hello Arantxa! I'm Alexis
    I really liked this type of tasks, since they are more bearable and we get out of the routine a bit.
    I think we learn more like this because we are listening to the pronunciation, in short; It is a fun and entertaining way to learn English

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexis,
      Great! Did you have the feeling that you improved your pronunciation?

      Delete
    2. Sorry! I forget to answer,
      Yes it was very funny, and it is still funny. Yes I learned the song. About the pronunciation... I always sing in English, I'm bad at singing but, I try, and I think could pronounce better.

      Delete
  5. I forgot to say that I heard the song when I was little, greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Arantxa, I know this song since his released and I really love it, I learned it when I was little so I already knew the lyrics but that game is really really fun! I really enjoy this activities!
    Rewards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula!
      I am glad you enjoyed it! After practising yesterday, did you have the feeling that you improved your pronunciation?

      Delete
  7. Hi Arantxa, I am Gonzalo Sanchís from 1ºB.
    This exercise was so funny and I learned a little bit of pronunciation. In my opinion, you should organize more activities like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Arantxa, I al Alejandra Parada Gallardo 1 Bach B.
    I knew this songs since I was 8/9 years, I really link this exercise because was so funny and I usually search for songs because os worth it for learn mor english and you can improve your pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Arantxa, I'm Daniela and I listen a lot of english music because I LOVE it, I like too much doing this type of homeworks, because I usually Listen the music with the lyrics of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Arantxa! I´m Rocio Ruiz from 1*B

    I love the activities that are practical as it is in this case, and the truth is that it always cost me much less to learn the pronunciations with the songs, since I put the songs with the lyrics and thus learned to pronounce the words.

    ReplyDelete